BestPhotos 2.1.2 is now live with a few small changes:
- Fixed a bug where changing location on a RAW photo would do so by also rendering a JPEG preview.
- Removed support for photos synced using iTunes…This was a tough decision, but it will make upcoming features more feasible
This week, it’s an honor to have BestPhotos featured in a ScreenCastsOnline tutorial by Mike Schmitz on cleaning up your Photos library. ScreenCastsOnline is a membership site with polished tutorials on the latest apps for iOS, macOS, and more.
You can see a preview of the video here, with the option to sign up for a membership to see the whole video and more tutorials from ScreenCastsOnline.
Looking to clean up your photo library? Download BestPhotos today and get started.
This update is all about albums and folders! You can now:
- Add albums or folders
- Rename albums or folders
- Move albums or folders between folders
- New smart search for finding photos or videos that aren’t in albums
- Drag and drop albums into folders for easy arrangement on iPad
- Drag and drop photos and videos into albums on iPad
Along with Albums and Folders, this update also adds:
- Support for new iPads, not only in screen sizes, but also for their screen recordings in the iOS Screen Recordings smart search
- Smart search sections are now collapsible
- Better metadata icons, including identification of bursts, RAW, and RAW+JPEG photos
- A setting for HDR and Portrait Mode smart searches to optionally require the presence of a “normal” copy photo to show up in the search
- Bug fixes for loading videos in certain situations
- Updated option to share new analytics, diagnostics, and crash reporting
- Some other, smaller bug fixes
Today only (Friday 11/23), upgrading to The Best Features in BestPhotos is discounted from $2.99 to $1.99 and equivalent prices around the world.
Highlights of The Best Features include:
- Compare mode to see two photos or videos side by side
- Smart searches to highlight all kinds of potential problem areas in cleaning up your library, like duplicate or similar photos
- Inspect photo EXIF and other metadata
- Change photo location
- And more!
This is the first time BestPhotos has ever had anything discounted in over a year and a half on the App Store. With apps like Luma Fushion and Affinity Photo taking the iPad by storm, organizing and managing your iOS photo library is more important than ever before.
This is a quick and small update that includes a variety of bug fixes related to:
- Rotating photos
- Changing photo location
- Searching for iOS screen recordings
If you're enjoying BestPhotos, please don't forget to leave a review on the App Store
This update changes HDR and Portrait smart searches to also show individual photos that are HDR or Portrait Mode but don’t have a “normal” companion copy.
This update fixes a variety of bugs, including:
- Compare mode would not synchronize scrolling and zooming across photos
- Location editing was disabled from the photo metadata view
- Tapping was disabled on certain rows in the app settings screen where it is required
- Issues comparing videos
Comparing videos is actually a pretty fun feature. You can play both videos side by side and see which makes the most sense to share.
- Fixes a bug where certain sharing and download actions could unintentionally use cellular data.
- Gives you a toggle for using cellular data for in-app media downloads like full resolution photos to share.
Personally, I would recommend that most users keep this new switch in Settings turned off. - Eric
This update fixes a crash that occurred when searching large quantities of photos for duplicates.
For over a year, BestPhotos has given thousands of users the power to search and organize their photo library in totally new ways. With 2.0, BestPhotos takes this even further. The update is completely free for existing users, including new smart searches for users who already purchased “The Best Features” upgrade.
- Improved interface design using a dual column layout
- Improved video management…focus on your Vertical Video or go through your iOS Screen Recordings
- Siri Shortcuts to jump back to today, this week or this month in BestPhotos, along with smart searches
- New library stats view telling you more about your past 12 months in photos and videos
- Swipe to delete or favorite photos on iPhone and iPad (previously iPhone only)
- Touch, hold, and then drag to select multiple photos
- Tweaked algorithm for finding duplicate photos
- New app icon
Great with iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
Everyone is talking about the new HDR and portrait mode features on the latest iPhones. One of the little-known features in the iOS Settings is being able to save a normal copy of the same photo for both portrait mode and HDR. As part of “The Best Features” upgrade, BestPhotos can search your library for HDR or portrait mode photos, along with their “normal” copy siblings. This way you can jump to either mode in the moment of a shot and select which type of photo looked best for that circumstance later.
BestPhotos is available on the App Store as a free download.
“The Best Features” in-app purchase costs $2.99 USD.